Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out
Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this
are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we
achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success
An Equipment Engineer in the Production Engineering team
will be a part of operating, sustaining, and improving some of the most
automated manufacturing equipment in the world. The best candidate for the
position has a high aptitude to learn new skillsets in the position. The
expectation is that an engineers will start with strengths in a given field
(torch tooling) and then learn all other areas from those who work with them.
This role requires capability across the board to sustain all parts of the
automated equipment. The expectation is not that you arrive on day 1 with this
capability, but that you have the aptitude and desire to learn all aspects of
- Work collaboratively with design, product excellence,
production operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering,
Maintenance and other cross functional teams as the expert to ensure production
lines run in a safe, efficient manner producing high quality parts.
- Lead equipment upgrades with a focus on serviceability,
reliability and process capability.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization of automated
- Become owner / subject matter expert to drive equipment-related
process improvement including detailed troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Build training material, maintenance routines, service
bulletins, and related documentation related to cradle to grave equipment life
- Interface process and test equipment with Tesla MES and
production quality databases using Python scripting and SQL.
- Develop and improve equipment validation procedures
including calibration and qualification.
- Identify equipment critical spare parts and ensure
sufficient coverage to prevent extended downtime situations.
- Provide hands-on support to maintenance team to troubleshoot
and resolve extended downtime situations.
- Familiarity with SPC and development of equipment-related
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Computer
Engineering, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and
- Good overall computer skills with demonstrated ability in a
- Structured problems solving methodologies (DMAIC, 8D, etc.).
- Able to work under intense time pressure in the presence
- Experience in automotive or high volume manufacturing is
- Willing to work overtime.
- Be committed to Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world's
transition to sustainable energy.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory
where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and
brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation
package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical
benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee
insurances, relocation and commuting support.